- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 4-5 slices of peeled ginger root
- 2 limes
- 3 whole cloves
- Agave nectar to taste
- In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Peel the pineapple, keeping the skin and reserving the flesh for use in another dish.
- Crush the slices of ginger and thinly slice the limes.
- Place the pineapple peel, ginger, limes and whole cloves in boiling water.
- Turn off stove to stop boiling, cover and allow steeping for 24 hours.
- Strain the liquid, discard the pineapple peel, limes and spices.
- Add agave nectar if desired.
- Serve chilled with a garnish of sliced lime.