Very Versatile Mashed Tempeh
½ cup arame 8 ounces tempeh ½ small onion, finely diced ½ cup water ½ cup finely chopped celery, 1 or 2 stalks 2 tablespoons tahini 1 tablespoon ginger juice 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice Sea salt to taste
- Rinse arame and soak for 2 minutes.
- Place tempeh, onion and arame in a pot.
- Add water and bring to boil, reduce heat to low and cook for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When done cooking drain any excess water through a strainer and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Mash with fork.
- Add celery, tahini, ginger juice and lemon juice.
- Mix well and add salt to taste.